Did you ever ask yourself what makes a good and inspiring workshop experience? Did you ever wish you knew how to design meetings that people love to attend to? Do you sometimes ask yourself how you can make your coworkers spark with creativity? How to motivate them to work focused and in close collaboration?
The answers to your questions are one step ahead. Learn to design workshops and meetings and how to guide people for an innovative collaboration.
We will equip you with the fundamental skills needed for your first steps towards facilitation mastery. You will learn how to build trust within a short time. To design collaborative processes and to deliver them to a team. And we will explore how to manage individual behavior and emotions in a group.
Why you should learn the craft of facilitation & process design
We believe in the power of collaboration to solve the big (and small) challenges of our time. This leads us to the conviction that facilitation and process design are key competences for today’s and tomorrow’s work environments and an invaluable resource for everyone working with teams.
Who should attend this course
If your daily business is a people business, this course is right for you!
It is designed to help address some of the daily challenges of team leaders, product owners, project managers, change angels, innovators and ideators.
It’s perfect for you if:
- you have some experience in leading teams through projects or processes and strive for a better understanding of group processes and social human needs.
- you would like to learn new ways of engaging people in collaborative processes for more effective and fun meetings and workshops.
- you are looking for new methods to guide groups through a goal-oriented ideation or decision-making process.
What you will learn
- Facilitation & Process Design HowTo
- Methodology & Tools
- Social human needs & Group dynamics
- Learn to develop collaborative processes and lead teams through solution-oriented ideation sessions
- Discover the joy of co-creating ideas and develop the motivation and courage to implement co-creation in daily life.
- Dig into social human behaviours and how to handle them in your project team.
- Trust yourself to know how to design and facilitate meetings & workshops
- Reflection on incidents and feelings and applying learnings to designs and behaviour
- Giving and receiving of feedback
The benefits you will take out
- Deliver efficient, solution-oriented and fun meetings and workshops.
- Learn to create trust among a team in order to establish its full potential.
- Create ownership and responsibility for your project among team members.
- Understand to manage complex projects in an efficient and fun way.
- Gain knowledge and experience on a wide variety of tools and methods to use in your daily life.
- Benefit on the long run from a community of like-minded learners.
How you will learn
This course follows an experience based learning approach. We will provide the basic theoretical input and set the guarding rails for your learning experience. Then it’s upon you to jump into action, exploring possibilities, discovering new ways of doing things and uncovering the best way for yourself and your peers. We will accompany your group through the learning process and provide valuable insights and hints.
We will encourage you to try out new things, lean out of your comfort zone and give feedback to one another. At the end of this course, you will be equipped with the skills and experiences to jump right into action.
Who you will learn from
This course will be held by Åsa Norell, Claudia Widmann and Christian Stocker.
Åsa Norell is a founder at The Collaboration Lab and former Head of Facilitation, Partner and Member of the Board at Hyper Island.
Together with her business partner Roger Sjögren, she shaped the way Facilitation is being taught at Hyper Island. Åsa has a proven track record of designing and facilitating business and cultural transformation programs for NGO's, Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and human rights activists alike.
Claudia is a one of two founders of Tjikko and former COO at the leading Swiss digital agency Hinderling Volkart. She led the cultural transformation of the agency, established new ways of team collaborating and facilitated the co-creation of new agency processes, integrating leaders of every unit and specialists among all disciplines.
Claudia has been transforming team and company cultures for clients and companies in many different industries, leading teams to success from a wide range of starting points.
Christian is one of the two founders of Tjikko and former Head of Consulting & Strategy at the leading Swiss digital agency Hinderling Volkart. In this role, he facilitated interdisciplinary teams towards a common goal in a wide range of different projects ranging from business transformation to website implementation.
Transfering learnings of the agency's cultural transformation into international client-agency teams, he deepend his understanding of different company cultures and the value of diversity in teams.
Location & Course fee
We will be hosting two more courses in 2020, one in Zurich and one in a stunning alpine setting.
Zurich: 28 – 30 October 2020
This course will take place at our workspace in Zurich.
The course fee includes all materials, lunches and snacks during the day. A course day will typically start around 8:30am and finish around 6pm.
Course fee: CHF 2’300 (excl. VAT)
Course language will be English.
All courses will be held with a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 16 people.
Sign up now!
You definitly want to take this unique chance of learning from one of the best facilitation teachers out there?